Monday, February 2, 2009

Take 2....

Well, my first attempt at creating a family blog did not go well, but I want to try again.
I think this will be an awesome way of sharing our day to day lives and special moments with the people who matter most. Instead of flooding everyone's email with pix and little notes, I can post it all here and let people come and see what's happening in our world whenever it works for them. So here goes...
Since Jan 1, 2009, We have...
1) thought about going to Disney World with our sons on the big move back to San Antonio this fall after Jeremy retires. (Disney has a military special again.)
2) put our house on the market.
3) found out we are having another son, who we have decided to name David Timothy.
4) had multiple interested parties inquire about our house and are waiting patiently for an offer.
5) celebrated the 12th birthday of our first son, Austin.
6) found out I will not be returning to work at Mt. Hope.
7) realized Jeremy is obsessed with Guitar Hero on the new PS2 that Austin bought with his birthday money.
8) custom ordered new living room furniture. I can't wait the 6-8 weeks until it is ready, the old stuff is really shot.
9) celebrated my 39th birthday...and yes I am feeling every year of my "advanced maternal age"...with a SuperBowl party.
10) decided to try and get this blog really up and running...I guess if you're reading this I must have gotten it partially started...lol.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Shelley and Jeremy
Congratulations to your many endeavors this year.
Yeah we are the first one!?
Congratulations!
It seems you have a very busy and exciting time before you.
In the meantime we became grandparents to 5 month old Javen (our daughters son).
We are very busy with Marriage Ministry at New Hope Leeward and lead United Marriage Encounter in Hawaii.
Best Wishes and Aloooha
Kent and Elisabeth Kitagawa

Anonymous said...

Hey Shell! I'll save this page to my favorites list and check it regularly. BF forever! Oh, and Kelli has a page like this that shows vacation photos and blogs. I need to get the address and give it to you.
Love ya!
Becky

Sandra Libby said...

YEAH for your blog! I am excited to check in on you now...since I don't see you at work anymore. Keep it going to so we can keep up with all the exciting things happening this year!

One Picky Family said...

Yeah for Shellie!