Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another baby moment...

Today, being Sunday, we went to church. We taught our Sunday School class and proceeded to go into the sanctuary for worship and to be fed by God's word, through Pastor Rick.
Praise and worship was great and the Holy Spirit was definitely in that place, but that wasn't what made today different.
Baby David did.
This morning as Pastor Rick began his sermon I noticed those, now unmistakable, flutters and kicks that let me know that the Lord has definitely blessed me with a new life. The funny part is that David, kept moving. He flipped, and flopped, and kicked...and whatever he was doing in there the entire time Pastor Rick spoke. When Pastor Rick turned the service over to the worship team David settled back down.
This is very funny to me, because this is the second time that David has reacted to Pastor Rick's voice. Other people talk, and are miked too, but he reacts when he hears Pastor Rick's voice. At our valentine's dinner, people were talking around us and speaking to us, but when Pastor Rick took the mike to say the blessing over our meal and evening, David started moving around. This was the first time he had reacted to someone other than our family, so I thought it was funny and told Pastor Rick that the baby liked him, but I also thought it might be a coincidence.
Now I think, he actually recognizes Pastor Rick's voice and responds to it.
I told Pastor Rick, after the service that I need him to stop preaching out loud so I don't get seasick from all the movement in my belly. I suggested that maybe he could preach in sign language. Somehow, I don't think that's gonna work...but at least I know, I won't have to worry about being too tired on a Sunday morning to stay awake during the sermon, David will see to that...lol.




This is my 6 month picture.


1 comment:

Morgan Gagnier said...

That is pretty funny, maybe baby David is a future preacher?