Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome to the 3rd Trimester!

This was the greeting I recieved at my dr.'s appointment last Monday. Little did I know at the time it was not a "friendly" welcome...lol.



No, seriously, it was a very good day with drs. First I had my 3rd level 2 ultrasound and I guess they finally saw all the organs and stuff they wanted to. David is still measuring right on track, he is growing consistently, and kicking me constantly. Many of you know I was also concerned that some of the symptoms I was experiencing were pre-eclampsia, I am happy to say,



"I was WRONG!"



Dr. Travias said I was right they can all be symptoms of it, but lucky for us, in this case they weren't. The two missing pieces were the blood pressure and the protein, the 2 I couldn't check at home, and they were both fine. So Yea! we made it 7 months, so far, and momma and baby are both doing great.



Well...I don't know if I'd say momma's "great"??? Healthy, yes. But unfortunately all the symptoms are real, and while they're not serious, they're still quite uncomfortable. And the reason why I question whether Dr. Travias' welcome was actually friendly is because, he told me they will just get worse...



So now I have resolved myself to the fact that I am going to be exhausted and completely uncomfortable for the next 10 weeks...yeah, "Welcome to the 3rd Trimester!"





Here are the newest pics of our little guy:





this is his profile










this is him looking straight at the monitor

1 comment:

Morgan Gagnier said...

You are almost there. Enjoy the down time, because it seems things go quicker than we think!