Monday, June 8, 2009

My First Trip to the Doctor...by David Timothy Phelps

Today was my first appointment with my new pediatrician, Dr. LeBlanc.
When we got there I was awake and happy. Just enjoying some time with these people, I think their names are Mommy and Daddy. It was good. Then we went for a walk to a new room I've never seen. Mommy?, we'll call her that, because I don't know her by any other name, took my nice warm clothes off, but the room was warm so I didn't mind too much. Then she laid me on a hard table thing and some one told her I had gained weight. I weighed about 6lbs 12oz when I left the hospital and today I weighed 7lbs 11oz, so I almost gained a pound. The funny part came next. When I was born they told Mommy and Daddy that I was 21.5 inches long...pretty tall, maybe I'll play basketball or do something else tall. Today, even though they checked twice and Mommy helped, I am only 20.5 inches....some thing's fishy here.


Here I am on the scale... Height and weight check...
Then we went over to another very colorful room...but I still only had eyes for Mommy and Daddy...maybe in a few months when I start tracking objects that room will be more fun. This is where I actually met Dr. LeBlanc. She seems pretty nice. She gave me a thorough exam...some of it I didn't exactly enjoy, but in the end she says I am doing great. My weight is in the 25th percentile, my height is about 30th percentile, and my head circumference is in the 25th percentile.
All tired out from the busy visit with the doctor. (too tired to even turn the picture.)
Overall, my first visit to the doctor wasn't too, bad. Mommy and Daddy were very glad to hear I was gaining weight and doing everything I'm supposed to. I will make sure they keep you all posted on all the fun new things I do.
Until then, here are some pics of me:
Cuddling is one of my favorite things to do...doesn't look like Daddy minds, either.

Here I am checking out some of the cool things Mommy and Daddy bought me.
Here are some pictures from my first bath at home. The bath part wasn't too bad, but it was really cold afterwards....brrr.

1 comment:

Sandra Libby said...

Love the pics! Hey, don't forget to update your profile...you have 3 cherubs to be writing about now...